Water Safety Instructorwp--testtest
AMERICAN RED CROSS WATER SAFETY INSTRUCTOR | Sign Up Now!
American Red Cross National Water Safety Instructor course will train and certify participants to be a swimming and water safety instructor. American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor certification is valid for 2 years.
PRECOURSE WORK | Complete Before First Class Date
Water Safety Instructor has precourse work, which must be completed prior to the first class date. Please print and read Streamline Health Services Training Forms for directions on how to complete precourse work. Water Safety Instructor is a blended learning format course, with both online and classroom components. The American Red Cross requires all Water Safety Instructor candidates to complete the American Red Cross 8 Hour Online Course by the first class date. The American Red Cross online course fee is an additional $37.00 and payable to the American Red Cross.
SAVE $50.00 - when you sign up for two courses at the same time OR two participants for the same course. Course discount valid for Lifeguard Training, Lifeguard Instructor, Water Safety Instructor only.
American Red Cross requires participants to successfully complete the following prerequisites, to receive certification. Refunds will not be issued to participants who do not successfully complete all course prerequisites and course completion requirements, according to the American Red Cross standards. Please make sure you can complete the following course prerequisites and course completion requirements before you attend class. Thank You!
- Participants must be at least 16 years old on the last class date
- Participants must complete the American Red Cross 8 Hour Online Course prior to the first-class date
- Participants must be proficient and able to swim 25 yards of the following strokes: front crawl (freestyle), back crawl (backstroke), breaststroke, elementary backstroke, sidestroke and 15 yards butterfly. There is no time limit
- Participants must float on their back for 1 minute in deep water
- Participants must tread water for 1 minute
- The American Red Cross also requires the following for successful course completion: participants must attend all scheduled dates and times, demonstrate proficient skills and pass a writing exam with a score of at least 80 percent.
WHAT TO BRING TO CLASS
- Proof of age
- Proof of online course completion – screen shot or print a copy
- Download Course Manuals and Print Training Forms
- Bathing suit - one piece swim suits for females and rash guard (optional)
- Towel, sunblock, snacks and lunch, paper, writing utensil
*Please allow 15 extra minutes for parking and facility check-in
There are no refunds once the course fee has been received. Includes: participants who do not successfully complete the course or course prerequisites, do not attend all scheduled class dates and times, do not pass course skills with proficiency (according to American Red Cross requirements) or do not pass the written exam with a score of at least 80 percent.
CLASS TRANSFER | Class Transfer Fee is $45.00
The class transfer fee is $45.00 and must be received to transfer class dates. Participants must submit the Class Transfer and Wavier Release Forms online at least 72 hours prior to the original class date. Participants may transfer a total of one time and training must be completed within 90 days of the original class date. Please choose a class date and location you will be able to attend.
Streamline Health Services reserves the right to cancel any class. If a class is cancelled, registered participants will be given the option to transfer to another class date or receive a full refund.
- Profile Login:https://classes.redcross.org
- Login with the username and password you created during the online course
- Click top left tab | My Learning, My Certification
NOTE | Streamline Health Services does not have access to your ARC account. If you cannot remember your username and password, please contact the ARC Training Support Center at 800-Red Cross. Thank you!
CONTINUING EDUCATION UNITS
The American Red Cross offers continuing education units (CEU) to maintain a license and/or certification. The American Red Cross is an approved authorized provider for the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). CEUs are offered as an add-on to training courses completed through the American Red Cross. Visit Red Cross CEUs to learn how to obtain CEUs.
You may sign up more than one participant or for more than one course at the same time.
SAVE $50.00 when you sign up for two courses at the same time or two participants for the same course. Course discount valid for Lifeguard Training, Lifeguard Instructor, Water Safety Instructor only. Once the registration and billing process is complete, participants will receive an email confirmation with course details. There is an additional 3.2% Credit Card Transaction Handling Fee for online payments.
Registration by mail is also available. In order to register by mail, please complete a Waiver/Release Form and mail to Streamline Health Services, along with course fees.
Event Registration and Ticketing Powered by Event Espresso