WATER SAFETY INSTRUCTOR
2 Day Course
Southern California | Denver Colorado | Dallas Texas
Water Safety Instructor course will train and certify participants to be a swimming and water safety instructor, valid for 2 years. We teach a blended learning course format which includes online education, classroom and in-water components. American Red Cross requires all Water Safety Instructor candidates to complete the American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Online Course prior to the first class date. Participants must be at least 16 years old at the time of the course. Streamline offers the American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor course in Southern California, Denver Colorado and Dallas Texas.
- Click Class Dates, Add to Cart, View Cart
- Complete Registration and Billing Process
- Download Manual and Training Forms
- Complete Red Cross 8 Hour Online Course
CLASS DATES, LOCATIONS & FEE
SAVE $50.00 – Sign up for two courses at the same time OR two participants for the same course!
Valid for Lifeguard Training, Lifeguard Instructor, Water Safety Instructor, Title 22 First Aid Only.
PREREQUISITES & WHAT TO BRING TO CLASS
American Red Cross requires participants to successfully complete the following prerequisites, to receive certification. Refunds will not be issued to participants who do not successfully complete all course prerequisites and course completion requirements, according to the American Red Cross standards. Please make sure you can complete the following course prerequisites and course completion requirements before you attend class. Thank You!
- Participants must be at least 16 years old on the last class date
- Participants must complete the American Red Cross 8 Hours Online Course prior to the first-class date
- Participants must be proficient and able to swim 25 yards of the following strokes: front crawl (freestyle), back crawl (backstroke), breaststroke, elementary backstroke, sidestroke and 15 yards butterfly. There is no time limit.
- Participants must float on their back for 1 minute in deep water
- Participants must tread water for 1 minute
- The American Red Cross also requires the following for successful course completion: participants must attend all scheduled dates and times, demonstrate proficient skills and pass a written exam with a score of at least 80 percent.
WHAT TO BRING TO CLASS
- Proof of age
- Proof of online course completion – screen shot or print a copy
- Download Course Manuals and Print Training Forms
- Bathing suit – one piece swim suits for females
- Rash guard or wetsuit (optional)
- Towel, sunblock, snacks, lunch, paper, writing utensil
*Please allow 15 extra minutes for parking and facility check-in
REFUND & CLASS TRANSFER POLICY
REFUND POLICY There are no refunds once the course fee has been received. Includes: participants who do not successfully complete the course or course prerequisites, do not attend all scheduled class dates and times, do not pass course skills with proficiency (according to American Red Cross requirements) or do not pass the written exam with a score of at least 80 percent.
CLASS TRANSFER | Class Transfer Fee is $45.00 The class transfer fee is $45.00 and must be received to transfer class dates. Participants must submit the Class Transfer and Waiver Release Forms online at least 72 hours prior to the original class date. Participants may transfer a total of one time and training must be completed within 90 days of the original class date. Please choose a class date and location you will be able to attend.
CANCELLED CLASS Streamline Health Services reserves the right to cancel any class. If a class is cancelled, registered participants will be given the option to transfer to another class date or receive a full refund.
PRINT CERTIfiCATION & CONTINUING EDUCATION UNITS (CEU)
- Profile Login: https://classes.redcross.org
- Login with the username and password you created during the online course
- Click top left tab | My Learning, My Certification
NOTE | Streamline Health Services does not have access to your ARC account. If you cannot remember your username and password, please contact the ARC Training Support Center at 800-Red Cross. Thank you!
CONTINUING EDUCATION UNITS The American Red Cross offers continuing education units (CEU) to maintain a license and/or certification. The American Red Cross is an approved authorized provider for the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). CEUs are offered as an add-on to training courses completed through the American Red Cross. Visit Red Cross CEUs to learn how to obtain CEUs.