2 Day Course
Southern California | Denver Colorado | Dallas Texas
Lifeguard Certification course will train and certify participants to be a national lifeguard for swimming pools. The Lifeguard certification course includes the following American Red Cross certifications: Lifeguarding, First Aid and CPR/AED for the professional rescuer, valid for 2 years. We teach a blended learning course format with online education, classroom and in-water components. American Red Cross requires all Lifeguard certification candidates to complete the American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification Online Course prior to the first class date. Participants must be at least 15 years old at the time of the course. Streamline offers the American Red Cross Lifeguard Training course in Southern California, Denver Colorado and Dallas Texas.
CERTIFICATIONS INCLUDED | Lifeguard, First Aid, CPR/AED for Professional Rescuer
NOTE | This class does not include Title 22 First Aid – Add Title 22 First Aid Certification
CLASS DATES, LOCATIONS & FEE
SAVE $50.00 – Sign up for two courses at the same time OR two participants for the same course!
Valid for Lifeguard Training, Lifeguard Instructor, Water Safety Instructor, Title 22 First Aid Only.
LIFEGUARD TRAINING COURSE FEE | Includes First Aid, CPR/AED certifications
PREREQUISITES & WHAT TO BRING TO CLASS
American Red Cross requires participants to successfully complete the following prerequisites, to receive certification. Refunds will not be issued to participants who do not successfully complete all course prerequisites and course completion requirements, according to the American Red Cross standards. Please make sure you can complete the following course prerequisites and course completion requirements before you attend class. Thank You!
- Participants must be at least 15 years old on the last class date
- Participants must complete the American Red Cross 8 Hour Online Course prior to the first-class date
- Participants must swim 300 yards continuously, without stopping – using the front crawl or breaststroke only
- Participants must tread water for 2 minutes, using legs only – participants may not use their arms and their face must remain at or near the surface
- Timed Drill (1 minute, 40 sec): Participants must swim 20 yards, dive down and retrieve a 10-pound weight from 7-feet deep, then swim back another 20 yards with the 10-pound weight in their hands using their legs only. Participants must keep two hands on the weight and their face must remain at or near the surface. Once the participant reaches the pool wall, they must place the weight on the pool deck and climb out of the pool with no assistance. According to American Red Cross requirements, participants may not wear goggles for this drill.
- The American Red Cross also requires the following for successful course completion: participants must attend all scheduled dates and times, demonstrate proficient skills and pass a written exam with a score of at least 80 percent.
WHAT TO BRING TO CLASS
- Proof of age
- Proof of online course completion – screen shot or print a copy
- Download Course Manuals and Print Training Forms
- CPR mask if not purchased
- Bathing suit – one piece swim suits for females and rash guard (optional)
- Towel, sunblock, snacks and lunch, paper, writing utensil
*Please allow 15 extra minutes for parking and facility check-in
REFUND & CLASS TRANSFER POLICY
REFUND POLICY There are no refunds once the course fee has been received. Includes: participants who do not successfully complete the course or course prerequisites, do not attend all scheduled class dates and times, do not pass course skills with proficiency (according to American Red Cross requirements) or do not pass the written exam with a score of at least 80 percent.
CLASS TRANSFER | Class Transfer Fee is $45.00 The class transfer fee is $45.00 and must be received to transfer class dates. Participants must submit the Class Transfer and Waiver Release Forms online at least 72 hours prior to the original class date. Participants may transfer a total of one time and training must be completed within 90 days of the original class date. Please choose a class date and location you will be able to attend.
CANCELLED CLASS Streamline Health Services reserves the right to cancel any class. If a class is cancelled, registered participants will be given the option to transfer to another class date or receive a full refund.
PRINT CERTIfiCATION & CONTINUING EDUCATION UNITS (CEU)
PRINT CERTIFICATION For a copy of your digital certification, please visit Red Cross Digital Certificate
NOTE | Streamline Health Services does not have access to your ARC account. If you cannot remember your username and password, please contact the ARC Training Support Center at 800-Red Cross. Thank you!
CONTINUING EDUCATION UNITS The American Red Cross offers continuing education units (CEU) to maintain a license and/or certification. The American Red Cross is an approved authorized provider for the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). CEUs are offered as an add-on to training courses completed through the American Red Cross. Visit Red Cross CEUs to learn how to obtain CEUs.