AMERICAN RED CROSS LIFEGUARD TRAINING | Sign Up Now!
The American Red Cross National Lifeguard Training course includes the following certifications: Lifeguard Training, First Aid and CPR/AED for Professional Rescuer, valid for 2 years.
PRECOURSE WORK– Complete Before First Class Date
Lifeguard Training has precourse work, which must be completed prior to the first class date. Please print and read Streamline Health Services Training Forms for directions on how to complete precourse work. Additionally, Lifeguard Training is a blended learning format course, with both online and classroom components. The American Red Cross requires all Lifeguard candidates to complete the American Red Cross 8 Hour Online Course by the first class date.
SAVE $50.00 - when you sign up for two courses at the same time OR two participants for the same course. Course discount valid for Lifeguard Training, Lifeguard Instructor, Water Safety Instructor only.
American Red Cross requires participants to successfully complete the following prerequisites, to receive certification. Refunds will not be issued to participants who do not successfully complete all course prerequisites and course completion requirements, according to the American Red Cross standards. Please make sure you can complete the following course prerequisites and course completion requirements before you attend class. Thank You!
- Participants must be at least 15 years old on the last class date
- Participants must complete the American Red Cross 8 Hour Online Course prior to the first-class date
- Participants must swim 300 yards continuously, without stopping - using the front crawl or breaststroke only
- Participants must tread water for 2 minutes, using legs only - participants may not use their arms and their face must remain at or near the surface
- Timed Drill (1 minute, 40 sec): Participants must swim 20 yards, dive down and retrieve a 10-pound weight from 7-feet deep, then swim back another 20 yards with the 10-pound weight in their hands using their legs only. Participants must keep two hands on the weight and their face must remain at or near the surface. Once the participant reaches the pool wall, they must place the weight on the pool deck and climb out of the pool with no assistance. According to American Red Cross requirements, participants may not wear googles for this drill.
- The American Red Cross also requires the following for successful course completion: participants must attend all scheduled dates and times, demonstrate proficient skills and pass a written exam with a score of at least 80 percent.
WHAT TO BRING TO CLASS
- Proof of age
- Proof of online course completion – screen shot or print a copy
- Download Course Manuals and Print Training Forms
- CPR mask if not purchased
- Bathing suit - one piece swim suits for females and rash guard (optional)
- Towel, sunblock, snacks and lunch, paper, writing utensil
*Please allow 15 extra minutes for parking and facility check-in
There are no refunds once the course fee has been received. Includes: participants who do not successfully complete the course or course prerequisites, do not attend all scheduled class dates and times, do not pass course skills with proficiency (according to American Red Cross requirements) or do not pass the written exam with a score of at least 80 percent.
CLASS TRANSFER | Class Transfer Fee is $45.00
The class transfer fee is $45.00 and must be received to transfer class dates. Participants must submit the Class Transfer and Wavier Release Forms online at least 72 hours prior to the original class date. Participants may transfer a total of one time and training must be completed within 90 days of the original class date. Please choose a class date and location you will be able to attend.
Streamline Health Services reserves the right to cancel any class. If a class is cancelled, registered participants will be given the option to transfer to another class date or receive a full refund.
For a copy of your digital certification, please visit Red Cross Digital Certificate
NOTE | Streamline Health Services does not have access to your ARC account. If you cannot remember your username and password, please contact the ARC Training Support Center at 800-Red Cross. Thank you!
CONTINUING EDUCATION UNITS
The American Red Cross offers continuing education units (CEU) to maintain a license and/or certification. The American Red Cross is an approved authorized provider for the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). CEUs are offered as an add-on to training courses completed through the American Red Cross. Visit Red Cross CEUs to learn how to obtain CEUs.
SAVE $50.00 when you sign up for two courses at the same time or two participants for the same course. Course discount valid for Lifeguard Training, Lifeguard Instructor, Water Safety Instructor only. Once the online registration and billing process is complete, participants will receive an email confirmation with course details. There is an additional 3.2% Credit Card Transaction Handling Fee for online payments.
Registration by mail is also available. In order to register by mail, please complete a Waiver/Release Form and mail, along with course fees, to the following address: Streamline Health Services, PO BOX 5366, NEWPORT BEACH CA 92662.