AMERICAN RED CROSS LIFEGUARD TRAINING | Sign Up Now!
The American Red Cross Lifeguard Training course includes the following certifications: Lifeguard Training, First Aid and CPR/AED for Professional Rescuer, valid for 2 years. The American Red Cross Lifeguard Training is a national certification.
PRECOURSE WORK– Complete Before First Class Date
Lifeguard Training has precourse work, which must be completed prior to the first class date. Please PRINT and READ Streamline Health Services Training Forms for directions on how to complete precourse work. Additionally, Lifeguard Training is a blended learning format course, with both online and classroom components. The American Red Cross requires all Lifeguard candidates to complete the American Red Cross 8 Hour Online Course by the first class date. The American Red Cross online course fee is an additional $35.00 and payable to the American Red Cross.
SAVE $50.00 - when you sign up for two courses at the same time OR two participants for the same course. Course discount valid for Lifeguard Training, Lifeguard Instructor, Water Safety Instructor only.
The American Red Cross requires participants to successfully complete the following prerequisites, in order to receive certification. Refunds will not be issued to participants who do not successfully complete any and all of the course prerequisites and course completion requirements, according to the American Red Cross Standards. Please make sure you are capable of completing the following course prerequisites and course completion requirements before you attend class. Thank You!
- Participants must be at least 15 years old on the last class date
- Participants must complete the American Red Cross 8 Hour Online Course prior to the first class date
- Participants must swim 300 yards continuously, without stopping - using the front crawl or breaststroke only
- Participants must tread water for 2 minutes, using legs only - participants may not use their arms and their face must remain above the water at all times
- Timed Drill (1 minute, 40 sec): Participants must swim 20 yards, dive down and retrieve a 10 pound weight from 7 feet deep, then swim back another 20 yards with the 10 pound weight in their hands using their legs only, Participants must keep two hands on the weight and their face above water at all times. Once the participants reaches the pool wall they must place the weight on the pool deck and climb out of the pool with no assistance.
- The American Red Cross also requires the following for successful course completion: participants must attend all scheduled dates and times, demonstrate proficient skills and pass a writing exam with a score of at least 80 percent.
WHAT TO BRING TO CLASS
Proof of online course completion (rounds 1 thru 9); proof of age; download or print Course Manual and bring to class; CPR mask if not purchased; bathing suit (one piece swim suits for females); towel; sun block; writing utensil; lunch or lunch money. Please allow 15 extra minutes for parking and facility check-in.
There are no refunds once the course fee has been received. Includes: participants who do not successfully complete the course or course prerequisites, do not attend all scheduled class dates and times, do not pass course land and water skills with proficiency (according to American Red Cross requirements) or do not pass the written exam with a score of at least 80 percent.
CLASS TRANSFER | Class Transfer Fee is $45.00
Participants must notify Streamline Health Services of a class transfer, at least 72 hours prior to the first class date – of the class you are currently registered. Once your class transfer has been approved by Streamline Health Services, please complete the Class Transfer form and submit a new Waiver Release. Participants may transfer one time, once course fees have been received. The Class Transfer Fee is $45.00. Streamline Health Services must receive the transfer fee, in order to complete the class transfer and hold a spot in the class you are transferring into. Please choose a class date and location you will be able to attend. Streamline Health Services reserves the right to cancel any class, due to low enrollment numbers. If a class is cancelled, paid participants will be notified 48 hours prior to the first class date, by telephone.
SAVE $50.00 when you sign up for two courses at the same time or two participants for the same course. Course discount valid for Lifeguard Training, Lifeguard Instructor, Water Safety Instructor only. Once the online registration and billing process is complete, participants will receive an email confirmation with course details. There is an additional 3.2% Credit Card Transaction Handling Fee for online payments.
Registration by mail is also available. In order to register by mail, please complete a Waiver/Release Form and mail both the completed Waiver/Release Form and course fees to the following address: Streamline Health Services, PO BOX 5366, NEWPORT BEACH CA 92662.